The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has launched a groundbreaking Fellowship Program aimed at engaging PhD students, researchers, and professors in the global fight against hunger and the pursuit of food security for all. This initiative aligns closely with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework, which seek to transform agri-food systems towards greater efficiency, inclusivity, resilience, and sustainability by 2030.
What the Fellowship Program Offers
- The opportunity for fellows to contribute their technical expertise and knowledge towards international efforts to eradicate hunger.
- Alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework for inclusive, resilient, and sustainable agri-food systems.
- A chance to address critical issues such as better production, improved nutrition, environmental conservation, and enhanced quality of life.
- A commitment to leaving no one behind in the pursuit of food security.
Who Should Apply
The FAO Fellowship Program is seeking candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Hold a graduate or post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD), or be enrolled in a PhD program at a recognized educational institution.
- Possess at least two years of relevant working or research experience in fields relevant to the FAO.
- Have a working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, or Spanish), with knowledge of a second language considered advantageous.
- Be nationals of FAO member countries, including Nigeria.
- Demonstrate adaptability to an international multicultural environment and strong communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply through the official FAO portal before the deadline on the 25th of August, 2024. The application should include:
- Accurate and complete personal and academic information, including employment records and language skills.
- A research proposal outlining the candidate’s specialized learning objectives and how they align with the goals of the Fellowship Program.
- Evidence of attendance at a recognized university or copies of academic qualifications.
Candidates who are not selected before the closing date but wish to be considered for future assignments are encouraged to reapply.
Application Portal Link
For those interested in applying, the application portal can be accessed here.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a global movement to combat hunger and achieve food security for all. Apply now and contribute to building a better future for generations to come.
Source Link: Nairametrics
Our Twitter Page