As the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) exam approaches in 2023, it’s essential to know the key do’s and don’ts of the exam hall to ensure success. Here are some important tips to keep in mind as you prepare for the exam.
- Plan and Prepare: Start preparing for the exam early and create a study plan that includes regular practice tests and revision sessions. This will help you to stay focused and confident throughout the exam period.
- Get Enough Rest: Make sure you get enough sleep the night before the exam. This will help you to stay alert and focused during the exam. Avoid cramming or staying up late to study, as this can negatively affect your performance.
- Arrive Early: Arrive at the exam center at least 30 minutes before the scheduled exam time. This will give you enough time to locate your seat, read through the instructions, and get settled before the exam begins.
- Follow Instructions: Listen carefully to the instructions provided by the exam invigilators and read the instructions on the exam paper carefully. Follow the instructions and ask questions if you are unsure about anything.
- Stay Calm: Nervousness is natural, but try to stay calm and focused during the exam. Take deep breaths and maintain a positive attitude, as this can help to boost your confidence and reduce stress.
- Bring Unauthorized Materials: Do not bring any unauthorized materials such as calculators, mobile phones, or smartwatches into the exam hall. Such items are strictly prohibited and may lead to disqualification.
- Cheat: Cheating during the exam is a serious offense that can lead to disqualification. Avoid copying or communicating with other candidates during the exam, as this can have serious consequences.
- Panic: If you encounter any challenges during the exam, do not panic. Take a deep breath, relax, and try to think through the problem calmly. If you still need help, raise your hand for assistance.
- Leave Early: You are required to remain in the exam hall for the entire duration of the exam. Leaving early is not allowed and may lead to disqualification.
- Waste Time: Time is of the essence during the JAMB exam. Avoid wasting time on a particular question and move on to the next one if you’re unsure of the answer. You can always revisit the question later.
The JAMB exam is an important test that requires careful preparation.
Our Twitter Page