The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has officially commenced the recruitment process for members of its National Medical Team (NMT) who will be participating in this year’s Hajj in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The announcement, posted on the Hajj body’s official website, outlines the application period starting from February 12 and concluding on February 26 at 11:59 pm.
Volunteer-based 2024 National Medical Team Operation:
NAHCON emphasized that the operation of the 2024 National Medical Team will be strictly based on volunteerism, aligning with international standards as agreed upon by the NAHCON Management.
The commission specified that professionals sought for the 2024 NMT include Medical Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses, and Environment Health Officers (EHO).
Application Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants must adhere to the following eligibility criteria:
- Medical Doctors and Pharmacists should be between 28 to 60 years old.
- Nurses and other professionals should fall within the age range of 22 to 60.
- Active service is mandatory at the time of application.
- Applicants must not have served in the last three Hajj seasons (2019, 2022, and 2023).
- Commitment to a 28-day work period and the readiness to stay in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for up to 45 days before returning to Nigeria.
NAHCON clarified that the submission of the application form does not guarantee membership in the 2024 NMT. Additionally, the commission affirmed that it does not require any fee directly or through an agent for the application process.
Every application must be accompanied by an attestation from a credible guarantor, who can be a career civil servant (not below the rank of GL 15), traditional ruler, Magistrate, or local government chairman.
Prospective applicants can access the official application portal through this link.
In conclusion, the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria encourages qualified professionals to take part in this essential humanitarian effort, contributing their expertise to ensure the well-being of pilgrims during the 2024 Hajj in Saudi Arabia. Apply Now to be part of this meaningful endeavor!
Our Twitter Page