The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has embarked on its third edition of the Talent Hunt Research through Hackathon, aligning with its Strategic Vision Plan 2023-2025. This initiative aims to foster the development of innovative technologies and indigenous content, promoting sustainable economic growth and development within Nigeria.
How to Apply
NCC has extended invitations to Tech Hubs and Innovation-Driven Enterprises (IDEs) across Nigeria, encouraging them to enroll their start-ups and solutions in this prestigious competition. The Hackathon will focus on three critical areas:
- Blockchain-enabled Data Protection Solutions for Enhancing Regulatory Compliance
- Assistive Technology Solutions for the Elderly and People with Disabilities
- Technology Solutions for Renewable Energy in Rural Areas
To be eligible, your enterprise must meet certain criteria:
- Provide a certificate of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Have no prior support from the Commission.
- Present a project that clearly addresses one of the three thematic areas.
- Offer a clear problem statement, proposed solution, and deployment roadmap.
- Include a proof of concept, technical feasibility, and a declaration of intellectual property ownership.
- Commit to concluding prototype development within six months of receiving the Grant.
- Propose a detailed commercialization plan for the prototype.
Your application should include:
- Ideation, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), and solution details.
- Current Sweat Equity Investment.
- Product-Market Fit status.
- Verifiable Go-to-Market status.
- Growth Feasibility Assurances.
- Maturity Model and Timeliness.
- Disaster Recovery plan if applicable.
All applications must be submitted online following the stipulated entry format. Importantly, there are no financial costs associated with participating in the competition, and you retain full control and ownership of the intellectual property of your developed solutions.
The NCC has run an advertorial on the Hackathon for three weeks, and interested parties are advised that the application window closes on Friday, 22nd September, 2023. Don’t miss this opportunity to showcase your innovative solutions and contribute to the growth of the telecommunications sector in Nigeria.
For more information and to submit your application, visit NCC Talent Hunt Research Hackathon 2023.
Source: Read more
Our Twitter Page