The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) has recently unveiled an exciting opportunity for HND and BSc graduates to further their education through a range of postgraduate programs. The NDA’s School of Postgraduate Studies has initiated a fresh application portal to streamline the admission process and ensure aspiring candidates can easily apply for their desired programs. With this new portal, prospective students can now embark on a journey towards advanced education and specialization in various fields.
The NDA’s commitment to academic excellence and the development of skilled professionals is evident in its comprehensive admission requirements for different postgraduate programs. Whether you aspire to earn a Postgraduate Diploma, a Master’s Degree, or even pursue an MPhil/PhD or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), the NDA provides a pathway for your educational goals.
Here are the key admission requirements for each program:
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree from the Nigerian Defence Academy or any recognized university.
- Alternatively, applicants with a Higher National Diploma (HND) and a minimum of a Lower Credit pass can be considered, provided they meet the academy’s matriculation requirements.
- Aspiring Master’s degree students must be graduates of the Nigerian Defence Academy or a recognized university.
- They should possess a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in a relevant discipline.
- Candidates who have achieved a minimum GPA of 4.0 (on a scale of 5) in their postgraduate diploma from the academy may also be eligible for the Master’s degree program, or a GPA of 3.50 or 8-grade for a professional Master’s Degree program.
MPhil/PhD Degree Program
- This program is open to candidates with a CGPA of less than 3.5 (but not below 3.2) on a 5-point scale or an equivalent of 60%.
- The MPhil/PhD program is full-time, spanning a minimum of 12 calendar months and a maximum of 24 months.
- Successful candidates are expected to complete a dissertation at the end of the program, and those with satisfactory performance during the MPhil program may be upgraded to the PhD level.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- PhD candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) and an academic Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum CGPA of 3.50 or a B grade in the appropriate area of study from the Nigerian Defence Academy or any other recognized university is required.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to visit the NDA’s School of Postgraduate Studies website for further information and to access the application portal: NDA School of Postgraduate Studies.
This new opportunity from the Nigerian Defence Academy presents a fantastic chance for HND and BSc graduates to advance their careers and knowledge through postgraduate education. The NDA’s commitment to academic excellence ensures that successful candidates will receive a high-quality education and contribute to their respective fields of study. Don’t miss this chance to take your education to the next level with the NDA’s Postgraduate Programs. Apply now!
Our Twitter Page