In what has been a sensational summer transfer window, the Saudi Pro League has emerged as a hot destination for some of European football’s biggest stars. Bankrolled by the formidable $620 billion Public Investment Fund (PIF), Saudi Arabian clubs have been making waves in the market with jaw-dropping signings. Here’s a rundown of the latest done deals and players still linked to moves:
- Karim Benzema: The Ballon d’Or holder completed a free transfer from Real Madrid to Al Ittihad, signing a two-year contract worth €400 million.
- N’Golo Kante: The French midfielder ended his seven-year stay at Chelsea to join Benzema at Al Ittihad on a free transfer, with a reported four-year deal worth €86 million per year.
- Ruben Neves: Wolverhampton Wanderers received a club-record fee of €55 million for the transfer of their captain to Al Hilal.
- Kalidou Koulibaly: Chelsea sold defender Koulibaly to Al Hilal for £17 million.
- Edouard Mendy: The Senegal goalkeeper moved from Chelsea to Al Ahli for £16 million.
- Steven Gerrard: The former Liverpool captain became the new manager of Al Ettifaq.
- Marcelo Brozovic: Croatia international Brozovic completed a €18 million move from Inter Milan to Al Nassr.
- Jota: The winger transferred from Celtic to Al Ittihad for £25 million.
- Roberto Firmino: The forward joined Al Ahli as a free agent after his contract at Liverpool expired.
- Sergej Milinkovic-Savic: The Serbian midfielder moved from Lazio to Al Hilal for €40 million.
- Seko Fofana: Ivory Coast international Fofana signed a three-year deal with Al Nassr for €25 million.
- Neymar (Ongoing Talks): Al Hilal is among the interested parties for the Brazilian superstar, but his future remains uncertain.
Players Still Linked:
- Hakim Ziyech: Chelsea’s midfielder is rumored to join Al Nassr after a less than impressive spell at the London club.
- Bernardo Silva: Manchester City’s Silva is the subject of a mega offer from Al Hilal.
- Saul: Atletico Madrid’s midfielder is considering a move to Al Nassr.
- Wilfried Zaha: Crystal Palace’s winger has received an offer from Al Nassr but may reject the move.
- Gianluigi Buffon: Veteran goalkeeper Buffon has been offered a contract by an unnamed Saudi club.
- Paul Pogba: Juventus offers Al Ahli’s contract to the France international.
- Jordan Henderson: Liverpool’s captain is weighing up an offer from Al Ettifaq.
- Fabinho: Liverpool’s midfielder is in talks with Al Ittihad.
- Allan Saint-Maximin: Newcastle United’s forward is linked to Al Ahli.
- Alex Telles: Manchester United’s defender is close to joining Al Nassr.
- Riyad Mahrez: Manchester City’s forward is set to move to Al Ahli.
- Lionel Messi: The PSG superstar turned down a record offer from Al Hilal, opting for a move to MLS side Inter Miami.
- Romelu Lukaku: The Chelsea striker rejected an offer from Saudi Arabia to pursue a permanent move to Inter Milan.
- Jose Mourinho: The AS Roma coach turned down an offer from Al Ahli and will remain with the Italian club.
- Son Heung-Min: The Tottenham Hotspur forward rejected a bid from Al Ittihad.
- Luka Modric: The Real Madrid midfielder declined a deal to play in Saudi Arabia and re-signed with the Spanish club.
- Jamie Vardy: Leicester City’s striker was not interested in a move to Al Khaleej.
- Pedro: Flamengo’s forward turned down a lucrative offer from Al Hilal.
- Aleksandar Mitrovic: Fulham’s top scorer is reportedly open to a move to Al Hilal, but the club has rejected the initial bid.
The Saudi Pro League’s ambitious moves are continuing to make headlines as they strive to establish themselves as a major destination for top football talent. While some high-profile stars have already made their mark in the kingdom, the football world eagerly awaits further developments on the ongoing transfer talks.
Join Our WhatsApp Or Telegram Group For More News, Click This Link Below;
Our Twitter Page