Shell Nigeria is embarking on a search for talented engineers to bolster its Conventional Oil and Gas Business operations in the vibrant city of Port Harcourt. With a diverse portfolio that encompasses oil and gas assets at various stages of their life cycles, both onshore and offshore, this is an exceptional opportunity for engineers to become integral players in shaping the future of the energy industry.
Let’s delve into the specific roles that Shell Nigeria is eager to fill:
1. Process Engineer:
- In this pivotal role, the Process Engineer takes charge of all process engineering aspects related to Shell’s production facilities. This includes overseeing crucial components such as the Sea Eagle FPSO (Floating Production Storage and Offloading), oil and gas separation, produced water treatment, gas compression, and dehydration, among others.
- Responsibilities span supporting assets and projects in adhering to stringent process safety requirements during design, construction, and operations phases. This is vital for ensuring the safety and efficiency of the facilities.
- The Process Engineer is also expected to contribute to the successful delivery of project designs within schedule and budget, emphasizing efficient design practices. Sharing global best practices and standardization is an essential part of the role.
2. Civil Engineers (Two Positions):
- The Civil Engineers at Shell Nigeria are tasked with providing Civil Structural Technical Consultancy Services to both projects and asset operations. This multifaceted role entails overseeing the construction of civil structures, buildings, and associated infrastructure to ensure they align with Shell Group standards.
- These engineers play a crucial role in preparing scopes of work and cost estimates for civil/structural engineering projects, ensuring compliance with industry standards and policies. Additionally, they preside over project health, safety, and environmental (HSE) plans, ensuring adherence to quality and HSE goals.
3. Rotating Equipment Engineer:
- The Rotating Equipment Engineer plays a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of mechanical work scope across all phases of the Opportunity Realization Standard. This encompasses the development of mechanical deliverables, including pumps, compressors, and turbines, along with associated piping.
- Their responsibilities extend to reviewing mechanical engineering deliverables for both projects and assets, aligning them with Shell’s high standards. Furthermore, they provide critical mechanical engineering support during concept definition, detailed engineering design, and construction phases of projects.
- The engineer also contributes to the development of equipment specifications and ensures compliance with local regulations, discipline requirements, and Shell project standards during equipment procurement.
4. Materials and Corrosion Engineer:
- The Materials and Corrosion Engineer takes on a diverse range of responsibilities within the design, operation, or maintenance of facilities and plants.
- Their accountabilities encompass materials selection and specification, degradation and corrosion control system design and management, asset integrity and repair assessments, and the investigation of equipment failures.
- These engineers play a vital role in specifying, selecting, or developing requirements for metallic materials, including testing. They also develop corrosion and degradation management strategies, implement equipment integrity management systems, and analyze failure modes related to operating conditions or equipment history.
Shell places great importance on integrity and transparency. They do not request any form of monetary payment, such as insurance policies, visa/work permits, or special job offers, for employment purposes. All job applications should be submitted through the official Shell website (www.shell.com/careers).
Shell is at the forefront of addressing the world’s energy challenges. They are actively seeking individuals who share their passion for leveraging cutting-edge technology, innovative thinking, and responsible risk management to shape the future of energy.
An Innovative and Inclusive Workplace:
Shell is committed to nurturing an inclusive environment where every individual’s voice is heard and talents are valued. This commitment extends to supporting people with disabilities, promoting gender equality, and fostering diversity and inclusion in all aspects of their operations.
A Rewarding Career:
Working at Shell means being part of a creative, collaborative environment with a global footprint and an array of impressive benefits. Shell encourages career development and strives to help employees discover untapped skills and seize new opportunities.
If you’re an engineer eager to make a significant impact in the energy sector, these opportunities at Shell Nigeria in Port Harcourt are your gateway to a fulfilling and impactful career. For comprehensive details and to apply for these positions, please visit the official job posting here. Join Shell Nigeria, where you can contribute your skills and expertise to meet the world’s growing energy demands responsibly and sustainably.
Our Twitter Page