President-elect prioritizes capable team to drive national agenda
In preparation for his inauguration on May 29, President-elect Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is actively forming his cabinet and economic management team, demonstrating his commitment to delivering on his ambitious agenda and meeting the high expectations of the Nigerian people.
While giving preference to members of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Tinubu remains open to considering individuals from outside the party for crucial positions in his government. This inclusive approach emphasizes his determination to select the most qualified individuals who can contribute to revitalizing the nation’s economy and governance.
Reliable sources have revealed a list of prominent politicians being considered for ministerial roles in Tinubu’s cabinet. These potential candidates possess extensive experience and expertise in various fields, indicating Tinubu’s intention to appoint competent professionals capable of achieving tangible results. The prospective ministers include:
- Governor Abdullahi Ganduje (Kano) – Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Governor Nyesom Wike – Minister of Interior.
- Dr. Kayode Fayemi – Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Prof Peter Okebukola (Ex-NUC Secretary) – Minister of Education.
- Mallam Nuhu Ribadu (former EFCC chair) – Minister of Police Affairs.
- Senator Aisha Binani – Minister of Power.
- Babatunde Ogala – Attorney General of the Federation.
- Wale Edun – Minister of Finance, Budget, and National Planning.
- Mofe Boyo – Minister of Petroleum Resources.
- Ayo Abina – Minister of State for National Planning.
- Femi Gbajabiamila – Chief of Staff.
- Yewande Sadiku – Minister of Industry.
- Yemi Oke, Professor of Energy/Electricity Law.
- Iyin Aboyeji, co-founder of Flutterwave.
- Dayo Israel, APC National Youth Leader.
- Mrs. Uju Ohanenye, former presidential aspirant.
Additionally, those who may not secure cabinet appointments may still find a place in Tinubu’s Economic Management Team. This strategic move allows for the utilization of their expertise in shaping policies and driving economic growth. Furthermore, they may be considered for leadership roles in key revenue-generating agencies, reinforcing Tinubu’s commitment to assembling a strong and capable team.
Recent reports have also shed light on Tinubu’s discussions with Rabiu Kwankwaso, the presidential candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP), regarding a potential ministerial role. While Kwankwaso is yet to make a decision, this development showcases Tinubu’s willingness to collaborate with individuals from outside his party, signaling his dedication to national progress.
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s proactive approach in forming his cabinet and economic management team underscores his determination to swiftly execute his agenda for a renewed Nigeria. By selecting individuals with diverse backgrounds and expertise, Tinubu aims to build a government capable of effectively addressing the challenges facing the nation and propelling it towards a brighter future.
Our Twitter Page