Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State – In a recent development, Governor Nasir Idris, Kauran Gwandu, of Kebbi State, has approved the appointment of Dr. Shehu Nuhu Koko from Koko Besse Local Government as the new Permanent Secretary. The announcement was made by the State Head of Service, Alhaji Safiyanu Garba Bena, in a press release issued on Monday.
Dr. Shehu Nuhu Koko has been assigned to the Ministry of Health, where his expertise and experience are expected to contribute significantly to the state’s healthcare sector. Governor Idris’ decision to appoint Dr. Koko reflects his commitment to ensuring the right people are in key positions to drive progress and development.
Furthermore, Governor Idris has also approved the postings of several Permanent Secretaries in the state, indicating a reorganization within the government. These appointments are aimed at improving efficiency and enhancing service delivery across various ministries.
The newly posted Permanent Secretaries and their respective ministries are as follows:
- Muhammad Sani Umar – Ministry for Local Government
- Garba Umar Dutsinmare – Ministry of Finance
- Aisha Usman – Ministry of Budget
- Zaki Dahiru – Cabinet Affairs
- Aliyu Mustapha Gwandu – Kebbi Government House
- Joel Aiki – Ministry of Agriculture
- Kabiru Aliyu, SAN – Ministry of Justice
- Aishatu M. Maikurata – Ministry of Women Affairs
- Ahmad Yarima – Ministry of Commerce
- Kudirat Shuaibu Diri – Ministry of Environment
- Ibrahim Umar – Ministry of Water Resources
- Mustapha Abubakar Tata – Protocol Affairs Department
- Suleiman Sani Augie – General Administration
- Saidu Buhari Warah – Ministry of Information
- Aliyu Labaran – Special Services Department
- Abubakar Ahmed – Ministry of Lands
These appointments and postings are effective immediately, and the outgoing officials are expected to submit their handing over notes on or before June 14th, 2023.
Governor Idris’ decision to reshuffle key positions within the state administration demonstrates his commitment to effective governance and ensuring that competent individuals are assigned to crucial roles. These changes are anticipated to bring about improved service delivery and address the various needs of Kebbi State.
Our Twitter Page