The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), as the operator of the NNPC/SPDC/Total Energies/NAOC Joint Venture, has launched an impactful social investment initiative in the realm of education. This pioneering program aims to foster academic excellence and bolster the employability of young Nigerian students. The scholarship, now accepting applications for the 2021/2022 academic session, seeks to recognize and support outstanding scholars who demonstrate remarkable potential.
Who Can Apply?
The scholarship is categorized into two sections: the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
National Merit Award (NM):
- Available to all Nigerian citizens.
Areas of Operation Merit Award:
- Open to Nigerian students who are native to SPDC’s operational areas in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers states.
To be considered for this prestigious scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be registered as full-time undergraduates at an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Be in their 200 Level or possess proof of admission into an undergraduate program in the 2021/2022 academic session.
- Not be recipients of any other scholarship from entities operating in the oil and gas industry, either nationally or internationally.
Here’s how eligible candidates can apply:
- Ensure you have a personal and valid email account.
- Complete the application process online via the provided link: NNPC/SPDC/Total Energy Scholarship Application.
- Applicants for the Operational Area Awards must provide scanned copies of letters of identification, duly stamped and signed by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community.
- The Chairman of the Community Development Committee or Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC).
The addressed letters should be sent to:
The Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), Shell Industrial Area, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Please note: Each document’s size must not exceed 200KB, and the image format must be in JPEG.
- SPDC and its Joint Venture partners do not request payment from applicants. The application process is entirely free of charge.
- There are no assigned representatives or agents to assist with application processing.
- Application submissions opened on July 26, 2023, and will close on August 23, 2023.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the proctored computer-based test.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and wish to apply for this prestigious scholarship, click here: CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
This scholarship opportunity provides a significant pathway for promising Nigerian students to excel academically, contribute to their communities, and build a brighter future for themselves and their nation. Don’t miss out on this chance to receive support for your educational journey. For more information and to stay updated, you can refer to the official source: NNPC/SPDC/Total Energy Scholarship Award Scheme.
Our Twitter Page